Instant Pot mojo pork is so easy to put together – just a few ingredients and it cooks up in just about an hour start to finish. It’s got amazing flavor and works well in so many applications! Scroll down for video!
Searching For a Sandwich…
Have you ever been craving a food so much that you would go to just about any length to make it? We re-watched the movie Chef on Christmas Eve, and I have been wanting a Cuban sandwich ever since. There’s really no sandwich that compares to a Cuban…roasted pork, ham, swiss cheese, pickles, and mustard on Cuban bread. We went to Ceniza while I was on break but…I forgot that they don’t open until dinner time during the week.
Save Time By Making Mojo Pork in the Instant Pot!
So, I had to resort to my own resources. I had watched a Binging with Babish video where he made a perfectly roasted mojo pork shoulder that he marinated with about a million ingredients then rubbed with a million more. Looked amazing but that’s a few too many ingredients for me. This Instant Pot mojo pork is a little more my style. Just a few ingredients that I can throw together in about ten minutes and cook in about an hour, start to finish. I don’t claim that this is an authentic recipe but it does have amazing mojo flavors: garlic, citrus, and pork shoulders.
Instant Pot mojo pork is perfect for Cuban sandwiches but it’s also great for tacos, burritos, or just as the meat mean dish on your plate. Warning: there are 8 cloves of garlic in this and your Instant Pot sealing ring is going to be super-stinky. Store the lid upside down or separate from the pot to minimize the stink!
10 minPrep Time:
1 hrCook Time:
1 hr, 10 Total Time:
- 2-3 pound pork shoulder, boneless or meat cut off the bone, cut into 4-6 pieces with large chunks of fat trimmed away
- salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried cumin
- Salt and pepper both sides of the pork pieces. Place the pork in the Instant Pot.
- Whisk together the orange juice, lime juice, garlic, oregano, and cumin. Pour over the meat in the Instant Pot.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and set the vent to sealing. Select the manual or pressure setting and set the time to 25 minutes.
- When the cook time on the Instant Pot is up, press the "cancel" button to turn the Instant Pot off. Allow the Instant Pot to depressurize naturally.
- When the float valve drops, remove the lid and use tongs to remove the meat from the Instant Pot to a cutting board. Turn the Instant Pot to sauté and allow the liquid to reduce while you shred the meat.
- Place the meat in a bowl and pour the reduced liquid over the meat. Serve as desired.
Cook time includes the time to allow the Instant Pot to come to pressure and depressurize naturally. It may take slightly more or less time depending on the temperature of your ingredients, altitude, etc. This recipe can also be made in the slow cooker - just place the meat and the sauce ingredients in your slow cooker and cook on low for 8-10 hours, until tender.