This no-churn peppermint ice cream has four ingredients, takes ten minutes to stir together, and is as good as any store-bought peppermint ice cream!
Peppermint Ice Cream & Eggnog Season
Ever since I was a kid I have waited impatiently for the Christmas season to arrive. Not so much for the gifts, but for two other reasons: eggnog and peppermint ice cream. I mean, why on earth is peppermint ice cream only available two months out of the year?
4-Ingredient Ice Cream
I’ve solved that problem, though. This no-churn peppermint ice cream only has four ingredients: sweetened condensed milk, peppermint extract, heavy cream, and peppermints or peppermint bark (I went with the latter). I have to say, I think that my no-churn peppermint ice cream is better than any storebought peppermint ice cream I’ve ever had! It takes ten minutes to put this together, then you freeze and you’re ready to go!
The trick to getting a great texture with no-churn ice cream is to let it stand at room temperature just until it starts to soften. It’s great by itself or with the chocolate-peppermint ice cream cones I’ll be sharing with you guys on Monday!
3 hr, 10 Prep Time:
3 hr, 10 Total Time:
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 cup crushed peppermint or chopped peppermint bark (I used Andes White Chocolate Peppermint Chips)
- 2 cups heavy cream
- In a large bowl, stir together the sweetened condensed milk, peppermint extract, and 1/2 cup of the crushed peppermint or peppermint bark.
- In another large bowl, use an electric mixer on medium to high speed to whip the heavy cream to stiff peaks.
- Fold the whipped cream into the sweetened condensed milk mixture 1/3 at a time until completely combined.
- Spread half of the milk and cream mixture into a loaf pan or 8-inch square baking pan. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup of the peppermint or peppermint bark. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Cover with plastic wrap.
- Freeze for several hours until solid. Allow to stand at room temperature for a few minutes before scooping.
- Calories 1892
- Total Fat: 189 g 290.77%
- Saturated Fat: g 0%
- Cholesterol: mg 0%
- Sodium: mg 0%
- Potassium: mg 0%
- Total Carbohydrate: 39 g %
- Sugar: g
- Protein: 19 g
- Vitamin A: 0%
- Calcium: mg 0%
- Iron: mg 0%