This post was sponsored by Barnie’s Coffee as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
Santa’s White Christmas Wacky Cake is super-easy-mixed in one pan-and so delicious with coconut, caramel, and vanilla flavors! Wacky cake is a classic dessert and this one is full of holiday flavors. Everyone will love it! Everything you need is in your pantry – flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, oil, vinegar, and coffee. Santa’s White Christmas coffee from Barnie’s Coffee makes it even more tasty, especially with that coconut cream cheese icing!
Coffee = Life
What is your coffee-drinking style? For me, coffee is a ritual…it’s not as much about the caffeine as it is about the smell of coffee wafting through the house, the warm coffee, and a hot cup in my hands. Now, I am a coffee drinker 365 days a year, usually two cups a day: one in the morning and one when I get home in the afternoon.
Coffee Baked Goods
I love an iced latte but this time of year it’s all about warmth…not that it’s cold here yet, but it’s getting closer. When the holiday season hits I love all the scents of the season – cinnamon, nutmeg, chocolate, and coconut. Fresh baked goods always call for a cup of coffee, and if I can find a way to squeeze some coffee into the baked goods, even better.
Santa’s White Christmas Coffee
Honestly, I can’t think of a better coffee to drink this time of year than Santa’s White Christmas from Barnie’s. I remember when there was a Barnie’s Coffee at our local mall, smelling the caramel-coconutty-vanilla scents at the holiday season and getting a Santa’s White Christmas granita. Always a treat!
Barnie’s Coffee has been making Santa’s White Christmas for 37 years (almost my whole life!) and this coffee is much-beloved around the country…not just for it’s delightfully festive flavors but also for the fabulously high quality that you can always count on from Barnie’s Coffee.
Santa’s White Christmas coffee is the perfect coffee to make this wacky cake. This chocolate wacky cake is mixed right in the pan and topped with a cream cheese frosting. The cream cheese frosting has just a touch of coffee mixed in and a sprinkle of coconut.
My wacky cake is simplicity and flavor in under an hour with minimal dirty dishes! If you sift the powdered sugar and make sure the butter and cream cheese are super-soft, you don’t even need to use a mixer to make the icing!
You can find a variety of Santa’s White Christmas products in stores or on the Barnie’s Coffee website. Use the promo code CHATTAVORE30 to get 30% off of Barnie’s Coffee products!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- heaping 1/4 cup natural cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons canola or vegetable oil
- 1 cup brewed Barnie's Santa's White Christmas coffee
- 4 ounces (1/2 block) cream cheese, room temperature
- 4 ounces (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- Pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons brewed Santa’s White Christmas coffee
- Sweetened, shredded coconut (optional, for topping)
- Preheat the oven to 350? Fahrenheit.
- Place the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, and salt in an 8-inch ungreased square glass or ceramic pan and use a fork to combine.
- Create 3 wells in the dry ingredients. Place the vinegar in one, the vanilla in another, and the oil in the third. Pour the coffee over the top and use the fork to combine the ingredients completely.
- Bake the cake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 25-30 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack before icing.
- To make the icing: in a large bowl, mix together the cream cheese and butter with a wooden spoon or an electric hand mixer until smooth and well-combined. Add the sifted powdered sugar, salt, vanilla extract, and coffee. Stir or cream together until well-combined. If you mix it by hand there may be a few lumps but it will not affect the flavor. Spread the icing over the cooled cake. Top with shredded coconut, if desired.