Strawberry Rice Krispies treats are so easy to make, and they are a perfect after-school snack or lunchbox treat! Everyone will love them. All you need are Rice Krispies, marshmallows, butter, and strawberry cake mix! SO GOOD!
I never would have considered myself a creator of all things Rice Krispies treats, yet here we are. My salted brown butter Rice Krispies treats were not actually my own creation, instead adapted from a recipe from Smitten Kitchen. From that recipe, though, I learned that I actually loved RKTs, a treat, if you will, that I had been pretty indifferent about up until that point. Since then, I have created several iterations of the ubiquitous Rice Krispies treats, with the most recent being these strawberry Rice Krispies treats.
And guess what? Transforming these from plain to strawberry is as simple as some dry cake mix. Armed with that knowledge, you really could make them whatever flavor you might fancy! These are seriously the easiest snack to make. You can make them, from start to finish, in 15 minutes or less!
What You Need to Make Strawberry Rice Krispies Treats
- Unsalted butter
- Mini marshmallows
- Rice Krispies (duh) or other crisped rice cereal
- Strawberry cake mix
How to Make Strawberry Rice Krispies Treats
I numbered my photos incorrectly, so steps 9-10 in the directions are steps 10-11 in the photos!
- Butter an 8×8-inch square pan.
- Place a large, heavy-bottomed pan over medium heat. Place the butter in the pan and cook, stirring constantly, until the butter is melted.
- Add one cup of strawberry cake mix to the melted butter and stir until completely combined.
- Leave the pan over medium heat and add the marshmallows.
- Again, cook, stirring constantly, until the marshmallows are melted.
- Add six ounces (half of a box) of crisped rice cereal to the marshmallow mixture.
- Stir until the cereal is completely coated.
- Spread the mixture into the prepared pan.
- Use the butter wrapper to flatten the mixture into the pan.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting into squares.
Yield: 16 treats
5 minPrep Time:
10 minCook Time:
15 minTotal Time:
- 4 ounces (1 stick) unsalted butter plus more for buttering the pan
- 10 ounces (1 bag) miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup boxed strawberry cake mix
- 6 ounces (1/2 box) Rice Krispies or other crisped rice cereal
- Butter an 8x8-inch square pan and set aside.
- Place the butter in a large, heavy-bottomed pot set over medium heat. Set the butter wrapper aside for later use. Cook, stirring frequently, until the butter has completely melted.
- Leave the pan on the heat and add the marshmallows. Cook, stirring frequently, until the marshmallows have melted completely.
- Remove the pan from the heat. Add the strawberry cake mix and stir until well incorporated.
- Add the cereal to the marshmallow mixture and stir until the cereal is completely coated.
- Spread the cereal mixture into the prepared pan. Use the butter wrapper to press the mixture into the pan. Allow the Rice Krispies treats to cool completely before cutting into 16 squares.