This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc., and Kikkoman®. All opinions are mine alone. #KickinItWithKikkoman #CollectiveBias
Thank you for supporting the brands that keep Chattavore running!
This grilled teriyaki burger with pineapple and white sauce is a delicious way to celebrate Memorial Day weekend!
Did you know that May is burger month? I mean, in my world, every month is burger month…but May is like official, capital letter Burger Month. I’m not really sure why, but maybe it’s because May is the month that sort of takes us into (unofficial) summer with Memorial Day weekend?
I’m going to let you guys in on a little secret. Okay, not so secret, but whatever. This is my last week of work for a while! School is out on Friday and I get to be a full-time blogger for two months??. What better way to celebrate than a holiday weekend? Memorial Day grilling doubles as start-of-summer-vacay grilling for me.
And I know that I mentioned here a couple of weeks ago that learning to grill was one of my goals for the summer. I think before now I have used my grill exactly once, and that was pretty much Philip getting everything started and me just going out and turning the chicken (or whatever it was). After this summer, Imma be a grilling pro!
What better way to start than this grilled teriyaki burger? Kikkoman®Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce kicks up the flavor in my teriyaki burger to eleven (where are my Spinal Tap fans???) and a slice of pineapple on top rounds out the sweet and savory flavor of the burgers perfectly. Oh, oh…and my white sauce, with Kikkoman®Traditionally Brewed Soy Sauce, is the perfect way to sauce up this teriyaki burger. I have to admit, I’ve been a soy sauce addict most of my life – my dad has been dousing everything from steak and chicken to vegetables and casseroles with Kikkoman®Traditionally Brewed Soy Sauce since I was a kid, so I’ve never been short on ways to include soy sauce in my cooking, and not just my Asian-style cooking. KikkomanUSA.com has lots more great recipe ideas using their awesome products! And if you’re like me and need more summer grilling inspiration, click here!
Like I mentioned last week, the Walmart Neighborhood Market near my house has become one of my go-to stops for groceries (I love their grocery pick-up option during weeks that shopping for groceries makes my busy brain hurt). I stopped by there to pick up my Kikkoman®Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce and my Kikkoman®Traditionally Brewed Soy Sauce (I love that fun little bottle like you always see at your favorite Chinese restaurants). For a coupon for Kikkoman®Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce and Kikkoman®Traditionally Brewed Soy Sauce, click here!
Yield: 6 burgers
10 minPrep Time:
8 minCook Time:
18 minTotal Time:
- 2 pounds 80/20 ground beef
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons Kikkoman®Teriyaki Marinade & Glaze
- 6 rings fresh pineapple
- 6 sandwich slices of your choice of cheese (I used Havarti)
- 6 soft hamburger buns
- 6 tablespoons white sauce
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef with the Kikkoman®Teriyaki Marinade & Glaze, taking care to not overwork the meat. Divide the meat into 6 portions and gently form each portion into a patty, pressing a deep indention into the center of each patty.
- Heat one side of the grill to high and one side to low (if using a charcoal grill, arrange the coals to create a high heat zone and a low heat zone). Place the burgers on the high heat zone and grill for two minutes, then move to the low heat zone and grill for 3 minutes (for medium-rare burgers) to 5 minutes (for well-done burgers). During the last minute of cooking, place the pineapple slices on the cool area of the grill and top the burgers with the cheese slices.
- Spread each bun bottom and top with half a tablespoon of white sauce. Place a burger and a pineapple slice on each bun bottom. Top with bun tops and serve immediately.
If you don't have a grill, you can cook these burgers on your stovetop. A cast iron skillet is ideal for this. Preheat over high heat. Cook for 3-5 minutes on each side, adding the cheese in the last minute of cooking. Remove the burgers from the pan and cook the pineapple slices for about one minute each. Sauce and serve the burgers as directed in the recipe.