This cream cheese pie crust comes together in less than a minute in the food processor and is virtually impossible to mess up!
I have a bad habit of thinking “Oh, I am going to do a recipe for such-and-such day”-e.g. corned beef for St. Patrick’s Day or pie for Pi day-and then forgetting about it until that day is upon us. Oh, hello. It’s Pi Day. That’s right. March 14, or 3/14 (get it? Pi? 3/14? Anyway.). And guess who forgot to make a pie? Oops.
Never fear, though. During my month of non-blogging (which feels suspiciously like it’s morphing into two months of non-blogging, except that I’m typing this right now) I did re-photograph some old recipes, but then as I was placing the new photos into the old blog posts I found that it’s honestly easier to write a whole new post because I used to write my recipes into the post rather than a focused recipe. That was a bad idea, guys, and it’s not easy to undo. One of those recipes was cream cheese pie crust, a Lucinda Scala Quinn recipe (from the book Mad Hungry <– affiliate link) that is pretty much my go-to pie crust.
Cream cheese pie crust requires a little forethought because (unlike every other pie crust you’ve ever made) the ingredients need to be room temperature before you make it….but it comes together in less than a minute in a food processor (and if you don’t have a food processor you can mix it up with a wooden spoon, though it’ll definitely take longer than a minute) then with a little chilling-voíla. An easy to roll out pie crust that’s virtually impossible to mess up, and it’s perfectly delicious too.
You’ll have to forgive me for the photos. Artificial light photography is not my friend, and I am very happy to welcome later daylight hours back into my life (I’m going to have to master this someday, though). Also, I’m in the process of developing new recipes and planning new posts. Once I build up my arsenal, hopefully I’ll get back into the swing of regular blogging again. Anything you guys would like to see on Chattavore?
Regardless of what you want to see, next, try this cream cheese pie crust! I guarantee you’ll love it.
This post contains an affiliate link. This means that if you click the link and make a purchase, I will receive a small commission. This does not affect the cost to you. For more information, please see my disclosures. Thank you for supporting my blog!
Yield: 1 crust for a double crust pie
This recipe is adapted very slightly from Mad Hungry by Lucinda Scala Quinn.
- 4oz cream cheese (room temperature)
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1/4 cup heavy cream or half-and-half
- 1 1/2 Cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour (I use half all-purpose and half white whole wheat)
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- Place the cream cheese, butter, and cream or half-and-half in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Add the flour and salt to the food processor and process until a ball forms.
- Scrape onto a sheet of plastic wrap. Use a spatula or bench scraper to divide dough in half. Wrap each half in plastic wrap and press into a disc.
- Refrigerate dough for at least an hour before using. Allow to sit at room temperature for a few minutes before rolling out on a floured surface. Follow baking directions from your pie recipe.
If you don't have a food processor, you can make this recipe in a large mixing bowl with a wooden spoon.