Banana beer bread with chocolate chips is a delicious and simple to make bread that is just sweet enough for dessert but you can eat it for breakfast too! Scroll down for video.
Do You Make Banana Bread?
Things I never make:
- Banana bread
Weird, right? Banana bread is one of those super-basic things that everyone makes. But I really never do. I mean, until now. Because what else are you going to do when you have four super-ripe bananas about to start attracting flies in your kitchen?
Chocolate Chip Banana Beer Bread
You get your husband to bring a brown ale home from work and you make banana beer bread. Yep. Plus chocolate chips, because in my humble opinion banana bread is always made better by the addition of chocolate.
I was pretty concerned that this banana beer bread would turn out too wet. There is a lot of liquid in there. It turned out perfectly, though – so moist and sweet enough for dessert but wholesome enough for breakfast (because bananas and whole wheat flour). Put your banana beer bread in the fridge, though. I didn’t. It did not end well.
Since I made this banana beer bread, maybe I’ll up the ante on my banana bread making game. Banana bread is one of the few ways that I can get Philip to consume bananas, and if beer is included, even better (the brown ale that I used was Maduro Brown Ale from Cigar City Brewing, and I have also had great luck with Dogfish Head Indian Brown Ale).
Yield: 1 8 1/2 inch loaf
15 minPrep Time:
1 hrCook Time:
1 hr, 15 Total Time:
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour (or 1 cup all-purpose flour and 3/4 cup whole wheat flour - I used white whole wheat)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 very ripe bananas
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup brown ale
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350?. Spray a 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 inch loaf pan with nonstick spray or grease with butter.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. In a medium bowl, mash the bananas then stir in the butter, eggs, brown sugar, and beer.
- Pour the banana mixture into the flour mixture. Add the chocolate chips and stir until no dry spots remain. Pour into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake the banana bread for 55 minutes to an hour, rotating the pan halfway through baking. When the bread is done, a toothpick inserted in the center should come out clean.
- Cool the bread in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove from the pan and let it cool completely before serving.
- Calories 3683
- Total Fat: 152 g 233.85%
- Saturated Fat: g 0%
- Cholesterol: 633 mg 211%
- Sodium: 2692 mg 112.17%
- Potassium: 1423 mg 40.66%
- Total Carbohydrate: 553 g %
- Sugar: 357 g
- Protein: 50 g
- Vitamin A: 85.24%
- Calcium: 386 mg 38.6%
- Iron: 14 mg 77.78%
This post contains affiliate links. This means that if you click a link and make a purchase, I will receive a small commission. This does not affect the cost to you. For more information, please see my disclosures. Thank you for supporting my blog!