So, school’s been back in session for a few weeks now, which means that I am officially in the place in my life where I have spent several weeks eating cheese, crackers, Vlasic Snackers baby dill pickles, and fruit for lunch every single day. Call it an adult lunchable. It’s easy, portable, and tasty. But gah, it gets old.
You guys have heard it all before….I spend a good portion of my work day in my car. It’s rare for me to have access to a microwave at lunch time, or really to even have access to a table or even a desk to eat. Unless I know I’m going to be in my office at lunch time (a rare occurrence indeed) or somewhere else where I know people and feel comfortable pulling up a chair and pulling out my lunchbox, I eat in my car. Leftovers are out, and it’s rare that I feel brave enough to take something that requires the use of a fork or a spoon (like a salad or a Thermos of soup).
Sometimes I want to eat something with just a little more substance. Every once in a while I’ll pull myself together enough to make some pimento cheese, or maybe some chicken salad (or pimento cheese chicken salad!). Nothing, though, makes me quite as happy as my rare BLT day. Even better when I mix ranch dressing spices into some cream cheese and turn a BLT into a bacon ranch roll-up. Oh yes, yes I did.
I made 4 of these and packed them away into the fridge. I should have eaten them all but I shared them with Philip because that’s just the kind of wife I am. These bacon ranch roll-ups were a welcome break from the cheese and crackers monotony and definitely made me look forward to lunch a little bit more!
Yield: 4 servings
10 minPrep Time:
10 minTotal Time:
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dry dill weed
- 1 teaspoon dry parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 8-inch flour tortillas
- 8 strips bacon, cooked and chopped or crumbled
- 4 leaves romaine lettuce, washed, dried, and chopped
- 1 large tomato, seeded and diced
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise, herbs, spices, and Worcestershire sauce until well combined.
- Divide the cream cheese mixture among the tortillas and spread to the edges.
- Divide the bacon, lettuce, and tomatoes among the tortillas. Roll up the tortillas. Cut in half if desired. Secure with toothpicks. Serve immediately or wrap in plastic wrap or foil and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Prep time does not include time to cook bacon.