I dug up ten great Halloween candy recipes from some great fellow bloggers for you to make this Halloween, because can we all just admit that homemade candy is better than store-bought? Also, did anyone ever really find a razor blade in their candy apple?
When I was growing up in the great eighties, Halloween was about trick-or-treating in an uncomfortable plastic mask with an air hole that was barely big enough to breathe through and a costume that probably wasn’t flame-retardant. We knew not to eat the homemade candy, because the eighties were the age of the Halloween urban legend. You know what I’m talking about…razor blades in apples, poison in the candy; local fire departments and police stations sponsored candy inspections and candy companies rejoiced as they developed “fun-size” candies and candy jockeys scooped them up by the bags. The granny on the corner could no longer pass out her renowned popcorn balls…if she did, they’d just be tossed in the trash.
In the day and age of Trunk-or-Treats, there’s a good chance that you’re going to know the person who is putting candy in your bag, and in my opinion that’s a good enough reason to make your own candy. No, I don’t make my own candy…we live near three large subdivisions and trick-or-treaters don’t bother with our neighborhood and our church is too small to sponsor a trunk-or-treat. I really don’t need cute costumed kiddies knocking on my door or coming to get candy out of the trunk of my car to convince me to make candy. Here are ten tempting Halloween candy recipes you can make at home for your party, your trunk-or-treat, or, if you know them well enough, your trick-or-treaters.
1. Bacon Caramel Apples from My Name is Yeh
2. Pumpkin Fudge from The Girl Who Ate Everything
3. Peanut Butter M&Ms Truffles from Sally’s Baking Addiction
4. Pumpkin Spice Snowballs from Crazy for Crust
5. Chocolate Covered Mint Patties from Mom on Timeout
6. Raspberry-Almond Salted Chocolate Bark from Bright-Eyed Baker
7. Funfetti Marshmallows from Raspberri Cupcakes
8. Homemade Twix Bars from High Heels and Grills
9. Candy Apples from Bakers Royale
10. Butterbeer Brownie Brittle from Cooking and Beer for I Dig Pinterest