Ranch Goldfish crackers are like ranch oyster crackers….only better. They are a perfect snack for a holiday party!
I know that everyone likes to joke about women and their chocolate cravings. Yap yap yap, women and chocolate, blah blah blah. Here’s the truth of the matter….sure, I like chocolate-dark chocolate especially-but chocolate isn’t what I “crave”. Never has been. Nine times out of ten, I am going to choose salty over sweet if I have the choice (unless there’s “salty + sweet” option, of course). Nacho Doritos, for example, are evil and banned from my home….because if they are present I will eat them until they are gone. Bad, bad, bad. Popcorn is my favorite snack ever. Ever! Then, there are these.
I had never had anything like this until a friend brought some ranch oyster crackers on “treat day” right before Christmas at work. I was smitten immediately and couldn’t stop eating them. A couple of years ago, though….my brother introduced me to something even better. Ranch. Goldfish. Yes. Cheesy crackers and ranch flavoring? Oh my.
I made a batch of these the night before my recent surgery, rationalizing to Philip that I needed to make sure that there were things in the house that I could eat in case I didn’t react well to anesthesia. Well, I was fine post-op and ready to eat whatever….but that definitely didn’t stop me from eating the majority of the bag I made (Philip had a few, but I ate the lion’s share).
This batch was made to take to a New Year’s gathering at my cousin’s house. My mom gave me a bag of Goldfish from one of the gigantic packages so this was a much bigger batch than what I would normally make (the bag weighed about 20 ounces, as opposed to the 11-ounce box that I used last time), which meant that I couldn’t put the lid on this bowl….so I had to transfer some of these to a container for us to keep. For shame. Seriously, though….I can’t make these things more than once or twice a year. As I finish typing this, it’s 7:30 in the morning and I just had to force myself to put the lid on the container because my, um, breakfast could last all morning if I let it.
Yield: about 8 cups of crackers
5 minPrep Time:
20 minCook Time:
- 2 bags Goldfish crackers
- 1/4 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1 package ranch dressing mix OR use my recipe for ranch dressing mix below
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 3 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees. Pour the Goldfish crackers into a large bowl and pour the oil over the crackers. Stir to coat the crackers with oil.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl. Stir until the herbs and spices are well distributed throughout the mixture. Spread the crackers onto one or two large baking sheet.
- Bake the crackers for 20 minutes. If you are using more than one baking sheet, rotate the sheets halfway through the baking time. Cool completely before serving.
Click here to print the recipe for ranch Goldfish!