November and December were pretty much a bust around here, but with my two weeks off at winter break I was able to pick my momentum back up and roll with it. Unfortunately, work has gotten back into full swing, I’ve had some freelance work to do, and good GRIEF I need to study for my exam (I don’t have an official test date yet but it will be sometime in February). I spent October, November, and most of December studying (thus the aforementioned blog neglect) but now that it’s so close I really need to end my “break” and get moving again. Which means I need as much “easy” food like this Buffalo chicken bread as I can get.
I’ve spent January cooking out of The Smitten Kitchen Cookbook (oh, you hadn’t noticed?) and throwing tantrums inside my head because I just want to eat. I don’t want to take pictures of my food. Do you hear me? I’ve been at work all day then I came home and worked out and I still need to pack a lunch and my feet hurt and by the time I sit down after we wash up the dinner dishes I feel like I have about twenty minutes before it’s time to go to bed.
I think I’m just grouchy right now because it’s unusually cold here right now and I am so tired of bad light. I have been honing my artificial lighting skills and I feel like I’m making some headway, but some days pulling out those gigantic soft boxes (and subsequently putting them away) makes me want to jump up and down like an obstinate four-year-old. Winter blahs, I guess. Really, I just wish that someone would clean my house for me and maybe write my lesson plans while they’re at it (I don’t ask too much, do I?). Keep dreaming, right? I’m pretty sure after this exam is over I’ll feel human again. You guys check back in with me in a month or so.
Anyway, this Buffalo chicken bread. I got the idea from Pinterest. The original post was on the blog Inspired Taste. I didn’t follow the recipe from the blog at all, but I owe all the inspiration (ha!) to Joanne and Adam. And it was a good idea…a great idea, even!
If you’re craving Buffalo chicken pizza, try this Buffalo chicken bread!
Yield: 4-8 servings
10 minPrep Time:
10 minCook Time:
20 minTotal Time:
- 1 Recipe pizza dough
- 1-2 Cups shredded chicken
- 1/4-1/2 cup wing sauce (I use Texas Pete hot sauce)
- 2 Ounces mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 2 Tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup green goddess, blue cheese, or ranch dressing
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Preheat a pizza stone if you have one.
- Roll the pizza dough out on a sheet of parchment paper into a thin rectangle. Spritz or brush lightly with olive oil.
- Combine the shredded chicken with the wing sauce (use sauce to taste). Distribute evenly over the pizza dough. Sprinkle the mozzarella and then the blue cheese over the chicken.
- Bake the topped pizza dough on the preheated stone or a sheet pan for 8-10 minutes or until it reaches desired brownness.
- Drizzle the dressing over the baked pizza bread. Cut into strips and serve immediately.
Links for my pizza dough and green goddess dressing recipes are included below this recipe. Prep time does not include time for the pizza dough to rise if you make your own.